Sunday, April 4, 2010

Blog Post Assignment 11


This blog assignment was different but very rewarding. I think each post that was viewed was a great way to show other teachers how to reach out. I think its important as teachers if were really going to prepare our students to be able to use the technological teachings of today were going to have to become comfortable and all be willing to integrate it. I feel that no matter what small or big town you come from, the educational tools are available for each and everyone.
Kaia being only three and has done a photo essay already is wonderful. I think its nice how her father took the time to actually go out and let her take pictures as a way of expressing the way she viewed the desert. Many parents wouldn't even do this such thing with a child at that age. I don't know many parents who are interacting this much technologically with a three year old, especially when she mention how her dad was showing her even though somethings seem ugly at first there so beautiful within. For me this lesson just shows that its never to early to learn or become technologically literate. I wish we had the opportunity as younger students to do blogs or podcasts. I see the growth in technology in education but yet see the growth of a teacher in my state or city actually using these tools.

1 comment:

  1. Very true! It's wonderful that Kaia's father is taking the time to do this with her. She's going to be very well-rounded. Being able to find beauty in things that don't always seem so beautiful is a powerful gift.

    ReplyDelete