Sunday, January 31, 2010

Blog Post Assignment 3

Overall when I first started this lesson I thought I wasn't going to make it. Podcast are very informative and it gives children another way of networking and educating people on the world of technology.

Smart Board
I think the smart board podcast is the most interesting because smart board has become very popular. I think you see many schools going to this type of system inside there classroom. I think smart board is a little more advance than the past. I think smart board is a very good tool because it gives teachers more things to work with and a better overall demonstration of the lessons. I feel that if every school took advantage of smart board a lot of teachers will fall in love with this. Its better than a chalk board and better than a over head projector.

Kidcast 61
Kidcast is very interesting it discusses many topics that are discussed in classrooms. One of the interesting ones was about data. The guy came across some public service announcements and he was questioning the data and meaningful analysis. He was very critical on trying to figure out what they were saying. They needed to present some data that shows how recycling could improve the environment. He suggested going to have interviews with many people who work in sanitation and for the government about the problem. In this podcast you can tell how he was interested in the recycling but he wanted some information on what’s being done and what kind of things can be done. He gave a great example of going out finding out different information about the topic before coming up with a conclusion. I really enjoyed this podcast because it not only was about education but also about the environment.

MacBreak weekly 177
I really enjoyed listening to this because earlier this week I heard about the ipad and the cost. At first I wasn't that interested in it but as I heard more about it I think this is a must have for a lot of people. By listening to the podcast each person discuss there experience with the product. They discussed how unique the ipad is and the expectations for it is huge and the three different ones coming out in 60days. Anyone interested in buying one of these this podcast would be a great tool to use when wanting to know some information about it. I think the most important thing discussed was who is going to be more appealing to. I think this product is going to be more for the computer geeks or big business people who are really in love with the world of technology.

This week in photography 126
This show dealt with racism in photography. They talked openly about the many different types of cameras that have face detection and how Sony which is made by Asians, some people may not fit into this style of camera such as the face detection feature. Many feel the sample group should be much bigger not just sample on the people who make it. In this episode these guys are photographers and each gave a description of the type of camera they use and which one they are interested in purchase. They really went into the pros and cons of many different cameras also the types of effects of the cameras. This podcast gives anyone that's interested in buying a camera some great options to consider.

IPhone Babies

I must say that was very interesting to look at because I never would think babies would be using iphones. I don't even own a iphone and they know more than I do about them. It may be time to invest my money into one. So when I start teaching I can share some of my experiences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrVt2ZcrWUY&feature=player_embedded#

3 comments:

  1. My boyfriend was really excited about the iPad until it came out and he said he's really disappointed. He said it was because it didn't have a webcam. Did he not get all of the information? You mention podcasting in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerome, you reported on each of the podcast, now my question to you is... what was good and bad about each podcast? Was there distractions in the podcast (background noise)? How will you improve your Podcast over these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the smart boards. I think they are a great tool for the classroom and teachers should take full advantage of this new technology.

    ReplyDelete